Posts Tagged ‘natural disinfectant’
Rosemary - a versatile herb that can be used for your home and health. Maya E. Nahra, RD, LD, shares all the different ways to incorporate this sprig into your home, kitchen or on your body!
- Clean with it – Rosemary oil makes a wonderful natural disinfectant that smells better than any chemical cleaning product. Simply mix ½ cup borax into a gallon of hot water, toss in a few sprigs of rosemary and steep for 10 minutes. Store in a spray bottle for all your basic cleaning needs.
- Natural flea repellant – Add ½ cup chopped rosemary to 4 cups of boiling water. Let cool, strain out rosemary, and add to a spray bottle to spray on your pet’s furry coat.
- Natural air freshener – A pot of rosemary in your home isn’t just decoration; it’s the perfect ‘green’ air freshener!
- Repelling mosquitos – When planted outside in pots or in your garden, the natural, yet powerful, oils in the leaves repel unwanted insects.
- Aromatherapy – Add rosemary oil to your bath, or burn a bundle of it in your fire, for a relaxing scent.
- Hair tonic – Boil ½ cup of rosemary in 2 cups of water for a natural hair moisturizing tonic plus dandruff eliminator.
- Tea – Rosmarinic acid is the antioxidant compound, found to be useful in stimulating the immune system, increasing circulation, and improving digestion. Steep fresh rosemary in hot water with lemon and a tab of honey for a fresh tea.